Some posts are overlong or hopelessly misplaced and might best be relocated off the beaten track. If I had the rights to move comments in the dashboard, I would:
- Check the box to move the comment to a better location.
- Include an url from where the post originally came from for reference purposes.
- Move posts to reduce comment flood and clogging.
- Move boring posts to keep things interesting and lively.
- Shorten and edit comments: (why not be a unique site that edits comments for excellence?). We all work better with editors, why not let trusted commenters be the editor of this site?
- Truly excellent comments would be absorbed into the original article by Eric or Dom; like the old masters – Rembrandt – which were in reality a school of 30 painters that created works signed by the patriarch: Rembrandt: Libertarian Car Guy could be a school of dozens of freemen thinkers all publishing under the name of Libertarian Car Guy.
- One could discern a pattern of what gets moved (poor quality, not a regular, incoherence, personal attacks) but there need be no written policy.