By: Chris Ramirez, KOB Eyewitness News 4
This 4 On Your Side investigation looks into the actions of police officers and doctors in Southern New Mexico. A review of medical records, police reports and a federal lawsuit show deputies with the Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office, police officers with the City of Deming and medical professionals at the Gila Regional Medical Center made some questionable decisions.
The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn’t make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.
Eckert’s attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.
The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was “unethical.”
But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.
While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert’s medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:
1. Eckert’s abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.
2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert’s anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert’s anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
4. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
5. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
6. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.
8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert’s anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.
Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures. MORE
I just read about this over at Will Griggs Pro LIbertate web site today. If you follow the links and read the entire legal document filed for the victim you’ll see the whole sickening timeline. The man was abused above and beyond anything one would consider “protocol”. The individuals responsible should all be jailed, sued into poverty, and medical clowns stripped of any license to ever practice again.
Feel free to send the Gila Regional Medical Center some love and congrats for winning the Stanley Milgram award
Should be open season on Gila Regional staff.
ALL of them. ALL complicit.
If this were a one-off, or a “once in a while” thing, even – we might stop and pause from such punishment.
Every day gets worse. Why wait until death is preferrable to living under the tyranny?
Time to set the scales of justice equal again.
” Why wait until death is preferrable to living under the tyranny?
Time to set the scales of justice equal again.”
You first, jean. Go ahead and get it started.
Why do you insist on dragging this revolution porn in here? With you it’s always, “start shooting, kill ’em all, time to resort to violence”.
To tell the truth, this shit has gotten way too dreary. You have found a site where this kind of shit is the norm, and you posted a link to it awhile back. Don’t you get enough of it there?
Excellent points, Ed.
I don’t think Jean is a government shill, but Jean, be careful of the things you type on the internet. Advocating violence is exactly what “they” want, so “they” can make this place the next Branch Davidian compound.