* Why is it ok to celebrate violent resistance to a government by our wig-wearing ancestors, but “extremist” to say anything negative about government today?
* If people can’t be trusted to govern themselves, how is it that some people can be trusted to govern others?
* What’s so great about taxation with representation?
* Has anyone ever showed you the “social contract”?
* If we’re so “free,” why can’t we even celebrate our “freedom” by lighting off a few firecrackers and bottle rockets in our own backyards? They’re illegal in most states these days for ordinary citizens to even possess – let alone use.
* If the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, why do the “interpretations” of that law by judges supersede the plain language of the Constitution?
* Why do civilian cops have military ranks? Sergeants, captains – even four-star “generals” . . . some of them have military flair (AKA “fruit salad”) too … as if they’d “served” in a war somewhere.
* If it’s wrong for me (an individual) to do something aggressively violent, how does it become right when a group does the same thing?
* Is morality merely a question of numbers and percentages?
* Does calling a thing by a different name change the nature of the thing? Does a cat become “not-cat” by dint of calling it “not-cat”? If it’s still a cat – no matter what I call it – how is it that taking someone else’s money (theft) becomes not-theft when it’s called “taxation”?
* If abortion is acceptable because it’s “the woman’s body” and thus, “her right to choose”- how come a man can’t choose to do what he likes with his body? Like choosing not to wear a helmet while riding his motorcycle, for instance?
* How come there are no “senile citizen checkpoints”?
* If the “right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,” why are the people forced to get the government’s permission to keep and bear arms?
* How is it “reasonable” to stop people en masse and at random, and force them to submit to an interrogation/search?
* Why are we forced to transact our business with privately owned banks? Why is it illegal for us to exchange value for value among ourselves?
* If you have the right to not incriminate yourself, why is it considered a criminal act to decline to fill out a federal tax form?
* Did anyone ever ask you for your “consent” to be governed? What if you do not consent?
* Why is an officer’s “safety” more important than your safety?
* If the “civil” war was fought to free the slaves, how come the commanding general of the Union Army, Ulysses S. Grant, owned a black man while he waged war on the South? (He freed the poor man eventually.)
* If corporations are “persons,” how come you can never get one on the phone – much less put “him” in prison when he defrauds you?
* Why is it ok for big cartels like Monsanto to sell genetically modified foods on their say-so that it’s ok, but a “crime” for a local farmer to sell unpasteurized milk?
* If slavery is against the law, why is it we’re compelled to work for the benefit of others?
* Shouldn’t everywhere – anywhere – be a “free speech zone”?
* If you own your home, why must you pay rent to the government every year in order to be allowed to continue to live there?
* How come other people choosing to have sex – and choosing to have kids – imposes a financial obligation on you that’s enforceable at gunpoint, but choosing to adopt a cat and figuring out how you’ll feed him and pay for his bills is entirely your own problem?
* Why don’t school busses have to have seat belts?
* If guns are so dangerous, how come politicians are surrounded by cordons of heavily armed men?
* If you believe it’s ok to fight off a mugger, how come it’s not ok to fight off a tax collector?
* If only “Congress may declare war,” how come we’ve been “at war” (on “terror”) for going on 13 years without a congressional declaration of war?
* Why can’t DMV (or IRS) “customers” say “no thanks” to the services offered?
* How can health care be a right if someone else is forced to provide it?
* Do you suppose motorcycles would be “allowed” if they were a new invention?
* How is eminent domaining a man off his land any different than simply stealing his land?
* Why are we forced to do business with, feed, house – even hang out – with people we’d avoid if we were free to do so?
Answer – hell, even read – these questions and you’ll come to grips with just how unfree we actually are this Farce of July. Better to stay home, wear black and mourn what we’ve lost – what some of us have freely given away – than to go through the sad pantomime of celebrating our enslavement.
Throw it in the Woods?
Spread it via Twitter: LibertarianCarG (they would not let me have “guy”).
We depend on you to keep the wheels turning. If you value alternatives to the MSM, please support independent media. Our donate button is here.
For those not Pay Pal-inclined, you can mail us at the following:
721 Hummingbird Lane SE
Copper Hill, VA 24079